Vision and Mission
- To be the premier African AI research & development center by 2030 and play key role in creating innovative AI-enabled solutions.
- Fostering data-driven AI systems to solve problems and increase efficiency and productivity.
Values Of The Institute
Core values of Artificial Intelligence Institute
- Transparent and Accountability
- Continuous Learning and Development
Power And Duties
The Institute shall have the powers and duties to:
- Provides research-based artificial intelligence products and services necessary for the development of the country.
- Design and implement short and long term artificial intelligence research implementation plans, strategies and programs based on the country’s development direction.
- Establish and administer International standard national infrastructure that enables artificial intelligence research and development.
- Formulate, draft, and monitor the implementation of National Artificial Intelligence policies, laws and regulatory frameworks;
- Create an eco-system that maintains interconnection between public and private entities regarding artificial intelligence activities;
- Provide support and create systems for the enhancement of National Artificial Intelligence research capacity and innovation skills;
- Collect, analyze and provide data to the relevant body to support the national security decision-making process using artificial intelligence technology; as well as support to the security forces;
- Ensures that artificial intelligence in a manner that supports national economic and social programs;
- Enables artificial intelligence to support decision making process on urban administrations, land administration, prevention of disaster and other environmental challenges;
- Facilitate establishment of national artificial intelligence information data base development, utilization and supervision;
- Collect, organize and analyze data from public and private institutions in the country and provide date analysis services through artificial intelligence technology;
- Authorizes the use of artificial intelligence research, infrastructure and private developers activities and arrange system of supervision for the development of the country;
- Add value to internationally recognized artificial intelligence research products and adapt them to areas of interest in our country;
- Increase public awareness by making artificial intelligence technology information’s accessible;
- Holding details data of imported artificial intelligence technologies and certifies them for domestic use;
- Facilitates the development of manpower in collaboration with domestic and foreign educational institutions;
- Provides support and Collaborate with the police and other law enforcement agencies in the prevention and investigation of crimes using artificial intelligence technology;
- Enhances the development of the sector based on cooperation and partnership with similar institutions inside and outside the country;
- collect service fee for products and service it provides based on the Regulation to be issued by the Council of Ministers;
- Own property, enter into contracts. Sue and be sued in its own name;
- Performs other duties related to its objectives.